Specialist Problems need Specialist Solutions
My Professional qualifications:
Cofra 121 Compassionate focused risk aware: 1-1 16 week programme for managing sexual risk
Cofra Compassionate focused risk aware: For Partners family/friends 1-1 10 week programme of understanding and safeguarding.
- Post graduate(University of the West of Scotland Alcohol & Drug Studies with Clinical Practice)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Supervision (Master's level)
- Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy (Senior Accredited Sexual & Relationship Psychotherapist)
- Certificate in Relationship Therapy
- Diploma (Accredited in working with Sexual Addiction: Individuals, Couples, Partners)
- Accredited member of STOPSO
- Certificate in Online Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Working online with groups
I have undertaken further training in Compassionate Focused Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Cognitive Analytical Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Emotional Freedom Technique (for trauma). I also undertake Continuous Professional Development training each year. Working with a highly qualified Therapist is essential, but a Therapist must also be sufficiently skilled in their specialities. Skills come with experience. With complex health conditions such as addiction, highly skilled Therapists are essential. If you are prepared to work hard, addiction can be tackled and overcome successfully.
I was Registered as a Nurse (cardiac surgery/intensive care adults & children) for many years and latterly retrained to become a Psychotherapist. I worked in Substance Misuse & Criminal Justice for a number of years and also for Relate, for the NHS & Relationships Scotland as a Sexual & Relationship Psychotherapist. I worked in a Russel Group University for 11 years, where I set up and run the Online Therapy Service, providing Therapy for students. I still work with students from a different university. I have worked in the Middle East and also in Greece. I have a keen interest in the effects of living with chronic (unexplained) pain on individuals, their relationships and their quality of life.
My specialist areas of Therapy
- Couple/Relationship work
- Working Online to create a real relationship between client and Therapist requires a skilled and experienced Therapist that has had specialist training and is qualified to undertake the work. A deep understanding can be gained about clients emotional states and a connection through words across the ether is created. Positive ways forward can then be found.
I am a member of ATSAC Association for the treatment of Sexual Addiction and compulsivity.
I warmly welcome all potential clients who may wish to benefit from an Integrative approach, (meaning one size/approach does not fit all), I can choose from a number of therapy models and often use Compassionate Focused therapy and Emotional Freedom Techniques. I am understanding and empathic and also able to gently challenge behaviours that are not helpful in achieving your goals. Humor is often experienced between myself and clients, and it can help to lighten your load, but we can equally share the sadness of loss and the threat of fear.
If you believe that I will be able to provide a therapeutic relationship and approach that will be beneficial to you, please get in touch.
I look forward to working with you.